PICKIT TRY ELSE
This Supportive App can be used to approach an object position provided by the Pick-it Vision System. Unless an object is detected, it executes the embedded apps. The following settings can be made:
- Safe height in mm (approach point Z offset to object coordinates in the end effector coordinate system).
- Correction factor of the object surface in mm Z-direction of the end effector coordinate system.
- Speed and acceleration for the movements within the app.
- Deactivation of object orientation.
- Number of attempts until an error stop is generated.
- Optional transfer point before object approach.
It is highly recommended to perform a verification in the Gimelli Robotics Lab, which will check and interpret the suitability and choice of the corresponding Vision App and camera equipment (lens, iris, illumination).
- Separating bulk material (bin picking)
- Optimising object detection with stirring, shaking or mixing (with the robot)
- Capturing objects in 3D space
- Sorting objects
- Singeling objects
Limitations / possible parameterisation failure
- The app is designed for the use of a Pick-it Vision System of the Pick-it N.V.
- The camera is mounted statically (not on the robot).
- No adjustability of speed and acceleration possible on individual sections.
- Axle limitations when gripping an object.
- The orientation of the object in the storage position may be inverted by 180°, depending on the settings and the object.
- The vision system must be able to recognize an object, otherwise problems will arise and the app will not work. Any visual aspects have nothing to do with the app function.
- Pick frame of object is not oriented correctly (Z pick frame has to be in the opposite direction of the Z end effector).
- Objects cannot be seized due to incorrect parameterisation of the vision system.
- PANDA robot with firmware up to 3.1.0*
- Communication interface PICKIT (software LINUX based)*
- Pick-it Vision System
* Available at Gimelli Engineering AG