The LIMITING app is a Supportive App. Within this Supportive App the set values of force and torque thresholds apply.
- Local setting of thresholds (higher or lower).
- Increasing safety within a task (lower global limits, higher local limits).
Limitations/ possible parameterisation failure
- When executed, the lowest settings always lead to errors. If you only increase the Cartesian limits, depending on the axis configuration, the joint torque values will likely cause the error.
- The Cartesian limits apply to the TCP (end effector coordinate system).
- Always increase the limits only as far as needed and only there, where it is necessary for the process (high forces necessary). Pay attention e.g. ensure that there is only a small gap between the end effector and the contact body before the increase (reduce the risk of pinching).
- The app does not represent a safety function according to ISO 10218 and therefore can only help to reduce risks in the risk assessment.
- We guarantee the compatibility only in combination with Gimelli Engineering Apps.
- PANDA robot with Firmware 4+ (for 3.x. available on request).