The LIMITING app is a Supportive App. Within this Supportive App the set values of force and torque thresholds apply.
- Local setting of thresholds (higher or lower).
- Increasing safety within a task (lower global limits, higher local limits).
Limitations/ possible parameterisation failure
- When executed, the lowest settings always lead to errors. If you only increase the Cartesian limits, depending on the axis configuration, the joint torque values will likely cause the error.
- The Cartesian limits apply to the TCP (end effector coordinate system).
- Always increase the limits only as far as needed and only there, where it is necessary for the process (high forces necessary). Pay attention to e.g. ensure that there is only a small gap between the end effector and the contact body before the increase (reduce the risk of pinching).
- The app does not represent a safety function according to ISO 10218 and therefore can only help to reduce risks in the risk assessment.
- We guarantee the compatibility only in combination with Gimelli Engineering Apps.