The DUAL TASK app is a Supportive App. It generates two parallel execution lanes for each inserted app. It is possible to use the app multiple times. The tracks are simultaneously in progress. If one lane takes longer than another, the app waits for the slowest lane before closing.
- Execution of several actions at the same time.
- Controlling of external peripherals during a movement.
- Reading external sensor signals during a movement.
Limitations / possible parameterisation failure
- When using DUAL TASK pay attention to the parameterisation of the force threshold values. The app bases on the set thresholds of the task. Using apps that override the limits may result in misbehaviour or error stopping.
- It is not possible to run more than one motion app at the same time. DUAL TASK uses motion on one lane and pure logic on all other lanes.
- Setting any end effector parameters (such as object weight – e.g. TAKE) during the execution of a motion app will lead to an error.
- Not all apps are DUAL TASK compatible. We recommend a compatibility check in advance. We guarantee the compatibility only in combination with Gimelli Engineering Apps.
- PANDA robot with Firmware 4+ (for 3.x. available on request).