You can request an object position with this app, which will be provided by the Pick-it Vision System. The app is preferably used where long calculation times exist. You can use robot actions, e.g. movement to the drop-off point as calculation time.
It is highly recommended to perform a verification in the Gimelli Robotics Lab, which will check and interpret the suitability and choice of the corresponding Vision App and camera equipment (lens, iris, illumination).
- Providing object positions for the PICKIT MOVE TO app.
Limitations / possible parameterisation failure
- The app is designed for the use of a Pick-it Vision System of the Pick-it N.V.
- The camera is mounted statically (not on the robot)
- It is compulsory to use the app in combination with the PICKIT MOVE TO app.
- The vision system must be able to recognise an object, otherwise problems will arise and the app will not work. Any visual aspects have nothing to do with the app function.
- PICKIT DETECT ensures the provision of the object position after the execution of the app. This position remains available even if the TASK has been disrupted. Consequently, make sure that PICKIT DETECT is performed before the PICKIT MOVE TO. Otherwise, it may happen that the robot moves to an outdated position.
- Ensure that the object detection is completed by the vision system before PICKIT MOVE TO is called.
- PANDA robot with firmware up to 3.1.0*
- Communication interface PICKIT (software LINUX based)*
- Pick-itVision System
* Available at Gimelli Engineering AG