With the GRIPPER SNATCH app you can grasp objects.
You can apply the following settings:
- Opening-/closing position *
- Gripping force in N **
- Object’s weight or ignore object weight
- Tolerance of the object’s width (epsilon) ***
* Depending on the gripper finger position while starting the app, it will move from outside to inside or from inside to outside.
** We cannot guarantee the accurate force setting. In this respect, interpret the setting more as a guideline (little to more).
*** Grasp different flexible objects with the appropriate EPSILON value. If the tolerance exceeds, the app generates an error.
- Picking parts at the position of the end effector.
Limitations / possible parameterisation failure
- The gripper finger position while starting the app defines the gripping action (from inside to outside or from outside to inside).
- If the settings of the gripping range do not correspond with the object conditions, errors may arise. Especially if the gripper has a high deformation (for instance at high forces). Hence, check tolerance values of the object width.
- The app solely controls the Franka Hand and while starting the app it performs in accordance with the end effector position. We recommend to adjust the gripper finger position before starting the app (opening position using e.g. GRIPPER SET) and to ensure the pick position with e.g. CART MOTION.
- We guarantee the compatibility only in combination with Gimelli Engineering Apps.
- PANDA robot with Firmware 4+ (for 3.x. available on request).