2D VISION ONE
The app enables the Panda robot to close in on pieces on a platform parallel to the XY plane of the base coordinate system. For the parameterisation of the app the following settings are required:
- Transfer point, gripping height and global speed / acceleration
- Offset grip point in X and Y direction (definition where to grasp the component)
- Camera settings (coordinates adjustment, adjustment of the camera to the robot base, etc.)
It is highly recommended to perform a verification in the Gimelli Robotics Lab, which will check and interpret the suitability and choice of the corresponding Vision App and of the camera equipment (lens, iris, illumination).
- Recognizing statically exposed objects on a plane and moving/closing in on the gripping point.
Limitations / possible parameterisation failure
- The app solely provides the feature to move in on the position broadcasted by the camera.
- You will need certain additional apps to trigger the gripper into transporting the object to a wanted destination (e.g. Relative Motion, Gripper Snatch etc.)
- This app is designed for the use of the SmartCamera BVS by Balluff GmbH
- The camera needs to recognize an object, otherwise problems will arise and the app will not work. Any visual aspects have nothing to do with the functions of the app (such as light, object lens, aperture etc.)
- The alignment of the gripper depends on the adjustments of the end effector in DESK and is the same for each object (Z robot parallel to Z end effector). We recommend working with the default settings of the hand.
- Due to the robot\’s axis limitations, it may happen that an object is gripped 180 ° inverted depending on its orientation. As far as the orientation for the deposit position is relevant, the orientation must be e.g. be checked via an external sensor signal (e.g. MODBUS IF) and rotated with 180 FLIP before dropping.
- PANDA robot with Firmware up to 3.1.0*
- Additional apps to process the work
- Communication interface BALLUFF (software based on LINUX)*
- BALLUFF SMART CAM* / Ethernet or Wireless network
* Available at Gimelli Engineering AG