2.5D VISION MODBUS
The app enables the Panda robot to grasp pieces with an individual end effector on a platform parallel to the XY plane of the base coordinate system. For the parametrisation of the app the following settings are required:
- Breakpoint, transfer point, reaching height & global speed / acceleration
- Offset grip point in X and Y direction (definition where to grasp the component)
- Retraction height in mm in relation to the grip height
- Modbus “Handshake” with external peripherals
- Number of the expected parts per app cycle (differences lead to an error message)
- Camera settings (coordinates adjustment, adjustment of the camera to the robot base, etc.)
* The app uses the current position of the robot (end effector coordinate system) after calling the app. From that position, shifted through Z-offset, the robot awaits the objects. The app parameterises the 2D-camera automatically so that objects can be located at different depths.
If the end effector position is lower than the adjusted STOPP HEIGHT while starting the app, the app finishes at the breakpoint after the movement.
It is highly recommended to perform a verification in the Gimelli Robotics Lab, which will check and interpret the suitability and choice of the corresponding Vision App (2D, 2.5D, VACUUM, PICK, MODBUS, etc.) and camera equipment (lens, iris, illumination).
- Recognizing, grasping and putting down statically exposed objects on a plane to a selected location.
- Using an individual gripper system controlled by MODBUS digital I/Os
- Individual grasping objects separated or stacked in layers and placing them to a different location.
- Sorting objects
- Separating objects
Limitations / possible parameterisation failure
- This app is designed for the use of the SmartCamera BVS by Balluff GmbH
- The camera needs to recognize an object, otherwise problems arise and the app does not work. Any visual aspects have nothing to do with the functions of the app (such as light, object lens, aperture etc.)
- Speed and acceleration are not adjustable on individual legs.
- When using jaw or finger gripper: Grasping of objects on the outer contour may lead to collisions between the gripper and other objects. Ideally the component parts can be grasped within the outer contour.
- The alignment of the gripper depends on the adjustments of the end effector in DESK and is the same for each object (Z robot parallel to Z end effector). We recommend to work with the default setting end effector transformation of the Franka hand.
- The position of the end effector when starting the app can be made with an absolute programming (such as CART MOTION). Especially using contact recognition apps (such as RECOGNIZE CONTACT) offer more possibilities.
- PANDA robot incl. Franka Hand with firmware up to 3.0.0 *
- Communications interface BALLUFF (software based on LINUX) *
- BALLUFF SMART CAM / Ethernet or Wireless network *
- Modbus Hardware (maximal 16 DI / 16 DO) *
* Available at Gimelli Engineering AG